Our premier event is held annually on the fourth Saturday of September at beautiful Lake Gladewater in Gladewater, Texas. Sponsors, vendors and participants come from as far away as the Houston and Dallas areas for a day filled with fun and laughter. We provide “burgers and dogs” for every attendee that day courtesy of some amazing “grill-masters” that volunteer their time and equipment each year! Activities include an archery clinic, hand-cycling, pier fishing, air rifle clinic, waterskiing, tubing and a kayak clinic. This event alone draws nearly three-hundred people each year & has continually grown over the past fifteen years.
8-9:45am: Event set up / 10am: Opening Ceremony / 12pm: Lunch / 3-5pm: Clean up
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: We are in great need of volunteers to help assist at the following clinics-
• Lunch Service - help serve hotdogs and hamburgers, condiments, carry plates for people that use wheelchairs or other mobility devices, pick up trash, etc.
• Kayaking - help assist people that use wheelchairs transfer in and out of kayaks if needed.
• Water skiing - help assist people that use wheelchairs transfer to and from water chair and other needs as supervised by Metroplex Adaptive Water Ski team.
• Archery - experience is preferred, details to come.
• Photo Booth - recruit event attendees for a fun photo experience with crazy props and print their photos so they can take them home!
• Pier Fishing - bait hooks and help participants fish when needed.
Call our fabulous Volunteer Coordinator Nikki O’Bryant if you want to be part of the FUN!!!